On Bell Let’s Talk Day, Bell will donate 5¢ to mental health initiatives for every:
- Text message sent (on the Bell network)
- Mobile and long distance call made (by Bell customers)
- Tweet using #BellLetsTalk
- Share of the Facebook image
According to the Canadian Medical Association, “Two in three people suffer in silence fearing judgment and rejection.”
Talking is the best way to start breaking down the barriers associated with mental illness.
Join the conversation using these five simple methods:
- Language Matters –Words can help, but they can also hurt.
- Pay attention to the words you use.
- Educate Yourself – Learn the facts and myths about mental illness.
- Be knowledgeable and help fight stigma with facts.
- Be Kind – Small acts of kindness speak volumes.
- Listen and Ask – Sometimes it’s best to just listen.
- Talk About It – Start a dialogue, not a debate.